Garden Grill Tri-Tip
Total Recipe Time: 1 to 1-1/4 hoursMarinade Time: 15 minutes to 2 hours
Makes 6 to 8 servings
Ingredients1 beef tri-tip roast (about 1-1/2 to 2 pounds) 1 small eggplant, cut crosswise into 1/2 inch thick slices2 small red and/or yellow bell peppers, cut lengthwise into quarters2 medium yellow squash and/or zucchini, cut lengthwise in half 1 cup grape tomatoes, cut in half1/4 cup lightly packed chopped fresh basilSalt and ground black pepperMarinade:1/3 cup olive oil1/3 cup dry white wine2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice1 tablespoon minced garlic
- Combine marinade ingredients in small bowl. Place beef roast and 1/3 cup marinade in food-safe plastic bag; turn roast to coat. Close bag securely and marinate in refrigerator 15 minutes to 2 hours, turning occasionally. Cover and reserve remaining marinade in refrigerator.
- Remove 1/4 cup of reserved marinade for ratatouille; set aside. Toss vegetables (except tomatoes) with remaining marinade.
- Remove roast from marinade; discard marinade. Place roast in center of grid over medium, ash-covered coals or over medium heat on preheated gas grill; arrange vegetables (except tomatoes) around roast. Grill roast, covered, 25 to 35 minutes for medium rare (145°F) to medium (160°F) doneness, turning occasionally. Grill eggplant and bell peppers 7 to 11 minutes; zucchini and yellow squash 8 to 12 minutes (on gas grill, eggplant 6 to 8 minutes; bell peppers, zucchini and yellow squash 7 to 11 minutes) or until tender, turning occasionally.
- Remove roast when instant-read thermometer registers 135°F for medium rare; 150°F for medium. Transfer roast to carving board; tent loosely with aluminum foil. Let stand 10 minutes. (Temperature will continue to rise about 10°F to reach 145°F for medium rare; 160°F for medium.)
- Meanwhile, cut grilled vegetables into 1-inch pieces. Combine vegetables, tomatoes, basil and reserved 1/4 cup marinade in large bowl; toss to coat. Carve roast diagonally across the grain into thin slices. Season roast and ratatouille with salt and black pepper, as desired. Serve roast with ratatouille.
Nutrition information per serving, 1/6 of recipe: 296 calories; 17 g fat (4 g saturated fat; 11 g monounsaturated fat); 60 mg cholesterol; 53 mg sodium; 9 g carbohydrate; 4.0 g fiber; 24 g protein; 7.7 mg niacin; 0.7 mg vitamin B6; 1.3 mcg vitamin B12; 2.1 mg iron; 27.6 mcg selenium; 4.6 mg zinc; 98.4 mg choline.This recipe is an excellent source of protein, niacin, vitamin B6, vitamin B12, selenium and zinc; and a good source of fiber, iron and choline.Nutrition information per serving, 1/8of recipe: 222 calories; 13 g fat (3 g saturated fat; 8 g monounsaturated fat); 45 mg cholesterol; 40 mg sodium; 7 g carbohydrate; 3.0 g fiber; 18 g protein; 5.8 mg niacin; 0.5 mg vitamin B6; 0.9 mcg vitamin B12; 1.6 mg iron; 20.7 mcg selenium; 3.4 mg zinc; 73.8 mg choline.This recipe is an excellent source of protein, niacin, vitamin B6, selenium and zinc; and a good source of fiber, vitamin B12 and choline.
© Cattlemen's Beef Board and National Cattlemen's Beef Association