|Beef & Salsa Burritos
Cut: Ground Beef
Preparation Time: 5 Minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
1 1/4 lb. ground beef
1 1/2 TBS. chili powder
1/2 tsp. ground cumin
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
1 pkg. frozen chopped spinach, defrosted, well drained (10 oz.)
1 can (4.5 ounces) chopped green chilis
1 1/4 c. prepared chunky salsa
1 c. cheddar cheese, shredded
8 medium flour tortillas, warmed
- In a large skillet, brown ground beef over medium heat for 8 to 10 minutes or until no longer pink, stirring occasionally. Pour off drippings. Season beef with chili powder, cumin, salt and pepper. Stir in spinach, green chilis and salsa; heat through. Remove from heat; stir in cheese.
- To serve, spoon approx. 1/2 cup of beef mixture in center of each tortilla. Fold bottom edge up over filling; fold sides to center, overlapping edges. Makes 4 servings.
- To add a little volume, add vegetables such as Mexican diced tomatoes, black olives and lettuce and top with salsa, pico de gallo or guacamole.
- For crispy tortillas warm in the oven or skillet, for soft tortillas warm in the microwave.
- Lay defrosted spinach on paper towels to drain.